Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Sirago 17 - Sunshine

A cover of Chatterbox's cover of "You Are My Sunshine" by way of Spacemen 3's epic "Suicide." Lay back and let the sound surround you.

*I forgot to note this in the info file included in the ZIP - it's labeled "Sunshine/Suicide (edit)" because the instrumental part originally went on for 22 minutes. I intended for there to be a final "Sunshine" verse ("the other night, dear, as I lay sleeping...") after the middle "Suicide" bit. However, due the temperamental nature of the TASCAM 424, the day we did the vocals, it decided it didn't like the last 7 or 8 minutes of the tape and started wobbling something fierce. So, we never finished it - I faded it out just at the point it would've picked up again. Plus, I find it amusing to have a 15 minute long song called "(edit)".
(Years later, I Am Not The Janitor had an EP with a track called "Janitor Theorem (Short Version)" that clocked in at 14:38.)

No comments: