Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gazer


Gazer was originally recorded 26-27 Jan 1994 on 4-track cassette in The Bedroom, Clovis, CA - literally, my bedroom. The riff to this came together via inner-worldy means. It wasn't until about 6 months or so after  I had recorded it that I actually found it (near as I can tell, it was recorded sometime AFTER 11/20/93, as that was the date on the track just before it on the tape). Then, while listening to "Touch The Stars" by Spectrum, Elli and I started free-forming lyrics and came up with these. Thus, our (so far) only co-writing credit. Due to a temperamental tape machine, when I first started mixing this song, the second half got all warbly, so only the "fragment" version was originally released. First on the Bedspsins cassette (ROT 002 - released 29 April 1995), then the CD-R re-issue from 1999, then finally on Bedspins EP 2 (ROT-NL-002 - released 9 January 2010).

I later mixed the entire song in 1999 for CDR1, "A collection of uncollected recordings made during long periods of inactivity." The current mix was done July 27, 2010 and the song now resides in all its glory on 1992-1997 - An Explosion In Slow Motion (ROT-NL-12001 - released 12 January 2012) .

Inspiration

No comments: